Kalamazoo Public Schools
Elementary E-1 Teacher
The school serves children ages 3 through 11 in multi-age classrooms (EC, E-1 and E-2). The E-1 teacher will teach grades 1, 2 and 3.
1. BS or BA degree
2. Valid Michigan elementary teaching certificate
3. American Montessori Society E-1 credential
4. Possess technology skills
1. Successful experience working with a diverse population in an urban setting
2. Successful classroom teaching experience
Human Resources Department
Kalamazoo Public Schools
1220 Howard Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Go Like The Wind Montessori
Part Time Assistant Teacher Go Like the Wind Montessori School is seeking an Assistant Teacher for our Middle School. The ideal candidate would have a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and English major. Must also possess: strong interpersonal and organizational skills; the ability to work with children, parents and other employees. Experience with Middle School children and Montessori experience preferred. The position is part time and primarily in the morning. Call 734-747-7422.
Red Hill Montessori Academy in Farmington Hills
Upper Elementary Teacher
A Montessori year-round, private school in Farmington Hills is seeking an Upper Elementary Teacher who is passionate about teaching, loves being hands-on with children, has great classroom management skills & is comfortable with a multi-age classroom. Small group of students. Must be reliable and dedicated. Montessori certified teachers are welcome to apply, as well as new graduates. Email resume and cover letter: RHMAFH@yahoo.com
Northville Montessori Center
Engaging Lower Elementary Assistant
The ideal candidate is someone who:
• Has a passion for working with the 6-9 year old age group
• Enjoys working and communicating with families
Holds Montessori certification or would love to train toward certification
• Appreciates and helps to build a respectful work environment
• Has an openness to furthering education
Is committed to Montessori philosophy
For information, please email the head of school at firstname.lastname@example.org
Schoolhouse Montessori Academy of Canton
Summary of Functions
This position serves as the primary point of contact for all admissions activities in the school. Incumbent is responsible for representing the school in a positive and professional manner while recruiting new students. The admissions process includes inquiry generation activities (phone, email, event appearances, etc.), parent tours and informational meetings, and enrollment activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Meets or exceeds student enrollment goals through effective follow up, the ability to explain the benefits of the Montessori environment, and the ability to articulate benefits and create solutions within SMA policies to fulfill the family’s needs.
· Able to collect, organize, and analyze inquiry information to efficiently and effectively follow up with families in a timely manner to familiarize them with Schoolhouse and the enrollment process as outlined in the Business Policy Manual.
· Develops and fosters relationships with students and parents during the enrollment and follow-up process, as well as recruiting activities and events which may include local travel.
· Advises and conducts tours for prospective students and their families.
· Completes tuition worksheets as needed.
· Prepares materials for Open Houses, Orientations, and Parent Tours, conferences and other school events and attends these functions as requested by the School Director.
· Attends Open Houses, Orientations, and Parent Tours and conducts new family interviews as requested by the School Director.
· Works admissions hours in the evenings and on weekends as needed.
· Creates a positive environment for parents with a purpose to connect families to one another in a variety of activities that fosters a positive school community, including, but not limited to, new family welcome, social work groups, gardening activities, special events, field trips, after school and special summer activities, and other activities as assigned by the School Director.
· Attends all staff meetings, in-service training, and other events, workshops and seminars as requested by the School Director.
· Assists the School Director by performing other duties as assigned.
· Maintains consistent and regular attendance as an essential function of the position of Admissions Coordinator.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
· Associates degree, Bachelor’s preferred in Sales, Business Management, Marketing, or related field.
· Knows and can apply elements and principles of sales techniques to influence the enrollment/re-enrollment process.
· Ability to manage flexible hours.
· Demonstrates kindness, even temperateness, and patience towards children and parents. Demonstrates empathetic listening skills.
· Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively and positively with students, parents, staff, and administration in individual or group settings.
· Sales background/training of a minimum of 1 year preferred.
· Self-motivated, proactive, and persistent.
· Competent computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc).
Please submit all cover letters and resumes in confidence to Kelly Brewster, HR Manager, Schoolhouse Learning Communities. email@example.com or call (248) 487-3022 ext. 113