Why enroll in an American Montessori Society Teacher Education Program?
Adults seeking to become Montessori teachers choose to begin their professional journey through the American Montessori Society because…
- AMS is the largest Montessori organization in the world;
- AMS is committed to promoting quality education for all children from birth to 18 years of age;
- AMS offers an authentic, true-to-the-source Montessori teacher education;
- AMS teacher education is based on fundamental Montessori ideas which are backed by years of successful practice;
- AMS has the highest standards of Montessori teacher education as measured by instructional and practicum hours;
- An AMS Montessori teacher is educated in areas including:
a. Human growth and development
b. Montessori theory and philosophy
c. Accurate and appropriate use of Montessori materials
d. An open-ended array of learning materials and activities
e. Observational skills to successfully guide and challenge children
f. Teaching strategies that support and facilitate the unique growth of each individual
g. Leadership skills that foster a nurturing environment that is physically and psychologically supportive of learning.
- An AMS teacher credential is recognized as a document which reflects nearly 50 years of research and continuous raising of professional teaching standards;
- An AMS teacher credential assures the public that the teacher is a professional educator, dedicated to working collaboratively with parents, colleagues and all members of the school community;
- Every AMS-affiliated Teacher Education Program is accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council of Teacher Education (MACTE) Commission, recognized by the U.S. Department of Education; and
… an AMS Montessori teacher is engaged in a rewarding and fulfilling profession.